Monday, August 26, 2013

Denomination Damnation?

Denomination damnation?
Ok I was baptized Lutheran and then at three was raised in a charismatic non denominational church, as a kid I never knew what this even meant or why we were non denominational. This was just what I was so I went with it. I have to say that I personally have never questioned the denominations of the church, I figured to each his own right? Well has God ever answered a qu...estion you never asked before? I find he is clearing up a lot that I never even knew or was taught to believe was wrong. For instance. He has been leading me to several spiritual books on revelations that represent Heaven and Hell in shape of a human body, he also has shown me that his church or "the body of Christ" is as well in the shape of a human body, now this is all churches as one forming one body, all denominations equals one body of Christ. He then showed me the Titanic, not the movie, but the true story. Arrogant humans took this vessel and built strong iron walls or partitions that could be lowered in the event of a flooding, and they could seal one compartment off from the others, and save the ship and were even prideful enough to call it unsinkable. Well maiden voyage, what happened, well I think we all remember the movie. He showed me that within the body of Christ, we have done the same thing through denominational walls of protection because of fear and arrogance. We have constipated the body of Christ with these walls of fear and arrogance, and His Holy Spirit cannot flow through the body as it was intended. The walls of arrogance and fear, and the I am better than yous, and you don't believe the correct way as me, have got to come down! He wants to move like a flowing water through the body of Christ and is constantly hitting barriers and walls that we have put up despite His plea to love our neighbors as ourselves. I listened to an old christian country song the other day that sang what would you do if Jesus came to visit you. Would you have to take a minute before you could let him in, would you have to clean up a few things, hide a few things, or would you be able to let him right in with no pause. I know I would have to clean a lot! I'm just a mess honestly. God has shown me how fear has crept into the churches in the forms of these walls and even I have seen the fruit of this fear grow in my own home church which greatly saddened me. When I was child my pastor was very down to earth and approachable and could relate to his flock. As an adult I have visited my old church and was rather shocked to find that my old teacher had body guards that even came complete with the stereo typical earpiece who would wisk him away to safety to the back before he could be approached by anyone at all for just wanting to say hi. I suffered over that scene for a while I have to say because I remember him in his younger years fearlessly jumping up and down on pews and preaching at the top of his lungs trying to save our souls, and hanging out after church fellow shipping for hours afterwards. God I asked what happened to my teachers faith? Do some of us get high enough in your eyes to deserve our own bodyguards as we walk through the shadow of death? This is fear and fear alone he said. Yet one more thing that keeps me from moving through that church the way I was able to do when you were a kid. I love my old church and my old pastor, it will always be the roots on which I stand, and I am blessed to have been a part of it when even as a child I could see and feel the Lord moving everywhere around me. I think this is why I have been unable to find another home church again. I can no longer find a church that feels like that anymore. So I am a stone in the field that cries out to my Lord to heal the church, drive out the fear and arrogance, and cleanse the churches with his divine correction and forgiveness, and guide me to the one that follows Your heart and Your truth. I miss being in the house of the Lord, it started feeling like the house of the people. My heart tells me I will find the right church again someday, but he's not done cleaning house yet, so I have to be patient. So I find God all around me in the beautiful place he has put us to wait on him, and I am always in church in my heart. Thanks for taking me to church even when I can't seem to get there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment