Monday, August 26, 2013

If you don't like my peaches don't shake my tree

Ok so we are enjoying our beautiful day on the porch, and my honey wanted me to put on some beatles and credence Clearwater revival. I have been enjoying the praise and worship music we were playing so I bit my lip and obeyed and put it on and cranked it up and while listening to John Lennon sing about "If you don't like my peaches don't shake my tree", Lo and behold God continues to minister to... me despite the secular music. He showed me how we are just like that, a crop that puts out these holy or unholy fruits, and we grumble about people who spread or cause bitterness or are just plain bitter or un sweet people in general, and I wonder what my fruit tastes like to others, and I wonder why when we first get a taste of other peoples bitter fruit, why we keep coming back to that tree for more? When we go out to eat and we are not satisfied with the meal we pay for, we tend to not ever go back to that place. But why as people do we not treat the fruits of other people that way, If they are not something that is nurturing to the soul why do we keep hanging around their trees. God keeps leading me and others to the fruits of the Spirit and how we are to bear all these fruits. I thank God for helping me exterminate, fertilize, scour, prune, feed, and weed, so my fruit could improve and become palatable to others some day. He also showed me through the music that he truly does put signs and messages everywhere, and will use anybody to spread his truth, even a sinner sometimes, who doesn't even intend for his music or message to be taken the way he meant it, God it teaching me how to go deeper in life and dig for truth all around me all the time. I saw a saying yesterday and now I'm not sure where I saw it, but it said you know how when you are really going through your worst tests and trials, you never seem to hear much out of God do you? Well the Teacher is always quiet during the tests isn't He? I want to be a tree that is pleasing, God showed me what to do with all the past things I had such a hard time letting go of. I can use all the crap from my past to fertilize the tree that will bring forth a pleasing future fruit, and keep weeding and watching for pests that come to destroy and rob the good fruits I will produce. I am not nor will I ever be perfect, but when my master some day walks past my tree, If he is hungering and chooses one of my fruits, I pray I am a good, honest, representation of what a Lorelei was created to taste like. Thanks to God for not giving up 0n me and pulling me up by the roots and kicking me out years ago when I truly deserved it. Thanks God for teaching me how to forgive and how to also forgive not just the puppet, or the one who harmed us, but the puppeteer controlling them too. Just as God can use anyone to send a message or fulfill a prophesy, the devil does the same, and is also very adept at using the saints as well as his sinners to accomplish his deeds. The only way this can happen, is if that saint has let his fruit become tarnished and is no longer hearing from the Lord, but being used by the devil to spread through Gods cornucopia and be as the one bad apple in a bunch always does which is corrupt from within. Guard your heart and your fruit for those who truly can see and understand just how sweet and tender you truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment